Plastics are an essential part to our daily life and it is used in every aspects of daily life. Plastic recycling is very important to reduced the environment pollution for some extent.
- Plastics may be divided into two categories: thermoplastics and thermostats. Thermoplastics can be reformed many times into different fibres shapes. This is a major reason why they are the most commonly recycled plastics. Thermostats can only be remelted or reformed once. After that, they may be ground and used as filler for future plastic products.
- Plastic recycling is a term used to describe processes in which the molecular structure is kept basically intact, and the material is reformed into a new plastic product. Some alteration of the molecular structure of the material may be made for the purpose of enhancing performance.
- The process of converting plastic scraps or plastic waste and recovering the material for use in manufacturing is plastic recycling. Milk bottles, soft drink bottles and spinning the melted polymer into fibers is a common example of plastic recycling.
- The actual recycling of plastic scraps is a not a complex process. The plastic bales are broken apart and ground into small flakes. Depending upon the type of plastic material being recycled, these flakes undergo a process in which the containments are sorted from the actual plastic flakes.
- Recycled plastics are also used used in electronic applications such as computer and printer housings. The plastics used in electronic applications are polymers such as acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), polycarbonate (PC) and these are relatively expensive polymers.